What would be set-up to link a map to excel cell / database files

jmarsiglio

Hello,

Just wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what could be a good solution in order to have an interactive map (such as Google earth) and to be able to click pins/icons on areas on that map to open a specific excel row referencing files (on a network drive) pertaining to that area. Would this be possible with google earth? Just looking for a recommendation before I jump into this head-first.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
I basically just need pushpins for all the addresses in my excel file, and links to the files associated with this in the description of the pushpin. I can't seem to link local files to the description, I tried and Google earth does nothing.

Upvote 0
You could look at Microsoft MapPoint. The older versions (e.g. 2004) are still available on the internet and are less expensive, but avoid the 2009 version (I think that is the one with fewer pushpins). You can either create the maps manually from MapPoint or use VBA in Excel. You can also add 'notes' to pushpins, so you could include file details (but I don't think they can be hyperlinks). Have a look at http://www.mp2kmag.com/.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LGVBPP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back