Where Clause of a SQL Statement

Kavy

Sorry, I posted this in another thread, but it has been simplified and is an entirely different question.

Below, I would like to switch the where clause to say "WHERE [Num] <= [Cycles]", but when I do this, Access prompts me to enter "Cycles" as a parameter, instead of pulling the calculated value below:

<code>

SELECT DateAdd([ShortForm],[Num],[First]) AS [Pay Dates], Fix([Days]/[AverageDaysPer]) AS Cycles, [datee]-[Start] AS Days, [Forms]![Budgets]![txtEDate] AS Datee, BVendors.Vendor, BAccounts.FirstOccurrence AS [First]
FROM Numbers, Freq INNER JOIN (BVendors INNER JOIN BAccounts ON BVendors.ID = BAccounts.BVendor) ON Freq.ID = BAccounts.FreqDesc
WHERE (([Num]<=8));
</code>

The code is using "Num" to cycle through a DateAdd function like a Do-loop in VBA

Any ideas?

Thank you

Kavy

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
If this is Cycles:
Code:
Fix([Days]/[AverageDaysPer]) AS Cycles

Then in your where clause:
Code:
WHERE [NUM] <= Fix([Days]/[AverageDaysPer])

I thought a UDF was a good idea for your needs - you could embed programming logic in a function with the flexibility of VBA.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply!

When I put that into the WHERE statement, the query requests for me to input the "Days" parameter, despite the fact it is already defined (for some reason it doesn't need it if I only put a constant into the WHERE statement).

I can't seem to figure this one out!

Also,

As for UDF, never used it, I will have to google it.

Thanks for the tip!

Kavy

Upvote 0
Got it, I didn't realize my stupidity, I have to type out each calculated value in the WHERE clause, as per the following:

<code>

SELECT DateAdd([ShortForm],[Num],[First]) AS [Pay Dates], Fix([Days]/[AverageDaysPer]) AS Cycles, [datee]-[Start] AS Days, [Forms]![Budgets]![txtEDate] AS Datee, BVendors.Vendor, BAccounts.FirstOccurrence AS [First], Freq.AverageDaysPer, Fix(((Date()-[Start])/[AverageDaysPer])) AS Expr1
FROM Numbers, Freq INNER JOIN (BVendors INNER JOIN BAccounts ON BVendors.ID = BAccounts.BVendor) ON Freq.ID = BAccounts.FreqDesc
WHERE (((Numbers.NUM)<=Fix((([Forms]![Budgets]![txtEDate]-[Start])/[AverageDaysPer]))));

</code>

Thank you, your reply made me realize the mistake!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter Juhnke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back