Why can’t Ctrl-F find it?

sammipd

Board Regular
My spreadsheet is A:1 – DG:1943, three of the columns are text heavy with a couple of paragraphs in each cell. In the past, I’ve always selected the three columns and Ctrl-F to find specific words. Yesterday Excel couldn’t find the data, and I knew it was there. Today it can find the data.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
It was, of course, time sensitive and I used another system to find what I needed, but that system is scheduled for deletion.
<o:p> </o:p>
This problem was not specific to the one spreadsheet, but to others I also tried. Why could Excel not find the data yesterday and what can I do about it?
I’m using Excel 2007.
Thanks!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
there is a drop down box that has "formula" or "text". Change that when the data you know is there but Excel can't find it.

Upvote 0
It can find the text when set to Formula or Value, but not when set to Comments. The settings today were the same as yesterday but with different results.

I had several spreadsheets open yesterday as I often do, could there be some sort of overload I hit that resulted in Ctrl-F not working?

My backup system will be going away and I need to be able to tell if Excel can't find data because its not there, or because Excel is having an issue. How can I tell?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back