Why do they make searching so hard..... Table Help Please

zendog1960

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
So frustrating. I get on google and search for the following: "Can I convert an excel table from horizontal to vertical?". I get results telling me how I can 'turn your tables vertically in 3 easy steps' and other such nonsense when in fact they are just talking about data that is arranged to LOOK like a table and data that has been created into a table. So I will ask you guys as you have yet to fail me with all that you know.

If I have taken data, with headers, selected it, them went to the insert tab and selected 'Table', can that newly created table be rotated so the headers are along the left side and all data is on the right? Basically rotate a table 90 degrees? LOL

I don't mean to be snide(ish) just really frustrated with how much time is wasted reading through post after post NOT answering my question..... LOL

Thanks Folks..should have come here first I know...my bad....

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
If I have taken data, with headers, selected it, them went to the insert tab and selected 'Table', can that newly created table be rotated so the headers are along the left side and all data is on the right?
If you want the result to also be a formal Excel table (ListObject) .. No

Upvote 0
Solution
If you want the result to also be a formal Excel table (ListObject) .. No
Ok thanks. I think that just makes setting up this this crazy thing I want to try a whole lot harder. But I over think things too much too. ugggg.

Thanks Peter_SSs

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back