Why is Copy Paste so slow???

actorcat2000

copy and paste used to be blazing fast in vba, now it's extremely slow,,, i actually reset my computer, redownloaded microsoft office and it's still slow... is there an update that did this, is this happening to anybody else??? code looks like this:
Selection.Copy
Columns("I:I").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAllUsingSourceTheme, Operation:=xlNone _
, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
video:

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Was this exact same code blazing fast? Or just pasting in general?

My first suggestion would be to copy only the used cells instead of the entire column.

Upvote 0
yes, code never changed, just speed of copying and pasting... i did turn on clipboard history,,, i think it slowed after that, but then i turned it off again and it never sped back up... i've never turned clipboard history on after reset...

Upvote 0
Was this exact same code blazing fast? Or just pasting in general?

My first suggestion would be to copy only the used cells instead of the entire column.
yes, code never changed, just speed of copying and pasting... i did turn on clipboard history,,, i think it slowed after that, but then i turned it off again and it never sped back up... i've never turned clipboard history on after reset... this is more of a microsoft question, but before i reset, the clipboard history never would work, so i added to the registry to get it to work,,, do you get a new registry when you reset but keep your files, or do you keep the old one??? if not then i'm going to have to reset without keeping files...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not following your question about the registry.
i added to the registry to get it to work,,, do you get a new registry when you reset but keep your files, or do you keep the old one?
Added what to the registry? Reset what? Which files?

Upvote 0
You mean reset to a prior checkpoint? That almost certainly includes resetting the registry to a prior checkpoint as well. I am completely unclear on what you did to the registry and why you are concerned about it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back