Why is my access db not pulling all items in append query but no errors?

squeakums

Office Version
  1. 365
I have a table I am running an append query on and it works but it only pulls in half of the 3,000 data. Around 1609 each time are only appended. This is a linked Sharepoint list. I read that if the alow zero to length is = yes then change it to no? Do you know where I would update this on SharePoint for the columns since I cannot update in access. Should I change single linke of text to multiple lines of text orchange maximum number of charactes 255 or more. There are so many not loade I cannot seem to find what exactly is causing this.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Disclaimer - I've never been a SP user.
This is one table that is in Access or one list that is in SP that you're trying to append to?
I read that if the alow zero to length is = yes then change it to no?
If this is in the Access table you're asking about why would you not be able to set the property there?
You can't manually enter zls strings in an Access table - can only import such data or update/append zls via Access queries as far as I know. zls looks like Null values in that it appears there is nothing in the field, but they are not the same thing. So if your data includes zls and you set that to no in the table I can't say if that means the whole record won't import or just the zls field data.

Upvote 0
No I figured out why it was not adding all of my data. It was searching for email addresses and if not found it wouldn't bring over the data. I want it to run the append but make a new table with all data.even if it doesn't find an email. Guess I need to rethink this process.

Upvote 0
Then if a single table, don't put criteria on the email address field? If a joined table, you need an outer join?
Not enough info given to suggest anything concrete.
Good luck with the project.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help. I ended up creating a load template and then an update field for the 3 fields.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dalyb2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back