Why is this failing?

edtude

I am baffled by this, I am an admitted novice but have been able to cobble some good code together and am admittedly getting into stuff over my head. But this code is doing what I ask and still failing at the end....
Code:
Sub NewCountingMethod()        Sheets("Data").Select     Range("A1").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=*Clear*", Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="=*Major*"     Range("A1").AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:="Receiver"     Range("A1").AutoFilter Field:=5, Criteria1:="<>*NO RFA FROM SITE*"                     Range("A1").AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="Site 2, Great Falls Ch13"         For Each Cell In Range("E:E").CurrentRegion.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)             If Cell.Value = "MAJOR FAILED, Rx Illegal Carrier" Then                 ActiveCell.Offset(0, -3).Activate                 'Resize(1, 0).Copy                     'Sheets("Great_P25").Range ("N49")                                  End If         Next Cell     'Range("A1").AutoFilter      End Sub
Ay help is appreciated

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
May we know what you want your code to do?

Upvote 0
Sure, I have several thousand lines of data that I am using Autofilter to narrow the scope of my search. Even with Autofilter I still will have lines that I can not use for my analysis. So I am searching column E for a particular string of text. Once I find this text I want to copy the time of the failure which is the line that I am searching for and the following row which has the recovery. Then will paste them on a second sheet in the workbook and manipulate the data there. So far I can get the filtering to work, I can find the string of text that I am looking for and then I can get to the first cell containing the time of the failure. That is where the Debug occurs and I can’t for the life of me figure it out. Longwinded I know but you asked!

May we know what you want your code to do?

Upvote 0
Maybe

Code:
Sub NewCountingMethod()
    Dim cell As Range

With Worksheets("Data").Range("A1").CurrentRegion
        .Worksheet.Select
        .AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=*Clear*", Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="=*Major*"
        .AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:="Receiver"
        .AutoFilter Field:=5, Criteria1:="<>*NO RFA FROM SITE*"
        .AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="Site 2, Great Falls Ch13"

For Each cell In .Range("E:E").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
            If cell.Value = "MAJOR FAILED, Rx Illegal Carrier" Then
                cell.Offset(, -3).Copy Worksheets("Great_P25").Range("N49")
            End If
        Next cell
    End With
End Sub
Remember that string comparisons in VBA are case sensitive by default.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back