Will you/have you upgraded to Excel 2007?

Do you intend to upgrade to Excel 2007?

• Definitely will within the next few months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May do within a year

• Unlikely to do so for the forseeable future

• No definitely not

• Total voters
Hiya Greg

The emoticons I would suggest are

:LOL: :x :eek: :biggrin: :unsure: :oops:

Office 12 evokes all of the above emotions... but the more I use it the more I like it... in fact for the first time last week I found myself getting all hot under the collar because I had to do something in 2003 and couldn't for the life of me remember where the relevant menu command was!

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
I have both Office 2000 and Office 12 (2007) installed at home. I enjoy learning the 2007 with all the bells and whistles and for personal use, exclusively use the 2007 stuff.

For development purposes....Develop early release late. ;)

It would seem that I will have an opportunity to upgrade to Excel2007 in the near future: I answered a question relating to an online UK development forum event held in January where the first 1,000 correct entries would be sent copies of Office2007 Pro. It seems I have been one of the lucky ones, so hopefully I will be in receipt of a copy by the middle of March...

From the persepctive of an average user (me)...

The distinct benefit of 2007 is the ability to house more data. I'm working through a nasty task of having to crunch buckets of transactions (exceeding the standard 65k rows). And I either have to run the process across multiple worksheets or crunch it in Access. I think todays big corporates have a distinct need for a spreadsheet to be able to house more than 65k rows. Certainly this has been a problem in the last umpteen contracts that I have undertaken.

So I'll be upgrading as soon as it is available... :)

Yeah, the 65K rows has been a pain for a while now.

I'm currently taking a 700K feed and crunching it down to about 130K. All in Access, because it makes more sense to do it there, but it would be nice to be able to pull the data into Excel and slice and dice it there too.

Denis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kon123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back