Wire Tags

mstilwell

Hello , I am making several thousand wire tags for a water treatment plant which need to be installed at each end of the cable runs. What I have made so far is tags for one end of the run not the other. I am looking to create a formula to change the tag on the other end so that instead of it saying
to 5678
it would now say
to1234 thanks in advance for your help on this!

You can, but it's kind of ugly. Something like this:

=LOOKUP(A5,{"4/0","2/0","1/0",2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16},{"2HS(#4/0)-2-WT","2HS(#2/0)-2-WT","2HS(#1/0)-2-WT","2HS(#2)-2-WT","2HS(#4)-2-WT","2HS(#6)-2-WT","2HS(#8)-2-WT","2HS(#10)-2-WT","2HS(#12)-2-WT","2HS(#14)-2-WT","2HS(#16)-2-WT"})

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Hello, can this formula be made so I can input the formula in B cells only without having to input any other cells than A. Possibly by inputing all the serial numbers and wire sizes in the same cell? Thx.
I'm interested in the reason that you wouldn't want to set up a lookup table as suggested?

Upvote 0
Goodmorning, your original formula works great! The only thing I am having a glich with is when I try to input 1/0,2/0,3/0 or 4/0 wire it reads N/A due to the formatting? The formatting is (General) which works for all the Numbers but when I input the (Backslash) between the numbers it will not work. The only way I can get it to except this is to change the formatting to (Text). The problem is when I change it to text the regular numbers will not work unless you change it to (General)? Thanks for your help..

Upvote 0
You might have to go all text, maybe by using the pound sign as the first character of each string, whether it's a #14 or a #1/0.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back