Word - Page Numbers based on print copies?

Kiloelectronvolt

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I tried asking on microsoft forums, and I'm banging my head against a wall. I have a microsoft word question maybe you guys know how to answer.

We bought a thermal printer that prints off of a roll. (Endless stickers.) If we tell word to print 7 copies, it will print off 7 stickers. (7 pages)

Word asks "# of copies" in the print screen, and I type how many I need for that run. This example, being 7 copies or pages.

So, I would love the first sticker/page to say 1 of 7. The 2nd sticker will come off saying 2 of 7. Until all 7 pages are printed. Basically indicating we printed 7 copies. The final will say 7 of 7. Almost like page numbers, but for # of copies instead. I want this automated based on how many we print each session though.

So, if John's order has 7 pieces, I would print 7 copies and it would say 1 of 7, 2 of 7, etc.

And if Steve's order has 3 pieces, I would print 3 copies, and it would say 1 of 3, 2 of 3, and 3 of 3.

Jon, Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing. I knew I could count on you guys. This is a great resource. Even if it wasn't an excel question. lol!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlckr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back