Workbook taking forever to load ...

adambc

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
... my WB has a table that has 30 columns and just over 1000 rows - it also has some (internal to the WB) IFs and XLOOKUPs (but nothing that complicated!) - but is taking a long time to open, every time ...

In a copy I have stripped out all the Worksheets other than the WS containing the main table, removed every formula, got rid of all data validation, removed conditional formatting, etc, etc - but it's still taking a long time to open, every time!

Can anyone help me get to the bottom of this?

I've tried Inquire but it just hangs Excel when trying to clean up ...

The table is correctly sized ie only to the last row/column in the table ...

And I'm out of ideas ...

Thanks ...

PS have just copied/pasted as values the table to a new WB - MUCH smaller file size and opens in seconds - so I also copied/pasted the table to a new WB and the same thing ... it's taking a long time to open, every time! - there's something in the table which I haven't found yet?!!!

Last edited:
Are you agreeable to remove any confidential data from your workbook ... then post it for download ? Provide a link here to the download location ?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Are you agreeable to remove any confidential data from your workbook ... then post it for download ? Provide a link here to the download location ?
@Logit

As much as I’d like to, the WB contains so much confidential information, it would take a long time to prepare it for outside consumption - I think I’m going to try to rebuild it from scratch and copy the data across as values for the columns that aren’t calculated - I have previously copied across the whole table as values into a new WB and the size of that file was minute compared to my WB!

Thanks again for persevering …

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back