Working days help.

sqex

Hi Guys im Fairly new to excel but pick things up quick,

Im trying to create a data base to track orders. at this point in time im using the wrokingdays function to show the amount of working days between two dates, iv done this by creating a function that when you type the application number in it creates a date of create in the adjacent box, this is then taken and a 15 day block is added to it and then the amount of working days are caluclated from the to dates. This will no longer work and i need to know how to add 15 working days to the first date instead of just 15 days which does not take in to account weekend and bank holidays and so on,

so if some one has the answer within there great knowledge please share lol. as i said new to this and its prob a very very basic answer but all help is very very very much appreciated.

Regards

Sqex

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Hi, thanks for the responce i tried that, it seems to be giving a date but not the correct one,

i Take the data from eg field E11, which is a date that is generated when the application is enterd.

so when i enter this =E11+WORKDAY(E11,15)

It comes out with this asnwer 04/11/2111 17:38

this isthe date that it is adding the 15 days to 21/11/2005 17:38

so as u can see lol bit off on the date, just over 106 years :P any advice would be great.

Regards

Sqex

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back