Worksheet Event adding and removing Data Validation based on multiple Conditions

Nathan Asius

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I'm needing to solve a problem on my worksheet and I think a worksheet event may be the best method, although I'm open to a suggestion on another way.

I have a range of cells (Column B) dependent on two other cells : A13 & A14, each having their own data validation lists (D.V.L.). A13 is a list of two different fruits "Apples" or "Bananas". A14 is a list with sequential numbers 1 through 8.
If the text in Cell A13 contains the text "Banana", I would like a new D.V.L. to be placed in each cell in Column B. But I want that to be dependent on the number displayed from the list in A14. The new D.V.L. can be automatically put in B1. However, if A14 is 2 only then to I want the D.V. to be in B2, and if A14 is 3, then the list appears in B3 and so on through 8 based on the number selected in A14. Also, there will be a pre-dominantly popular option consisting of 90%+ of occurrences . So I would like it when this new D.V.L. appears in any cell in Column B, that it would default displaying the forth item on that list. This will add a little efficiency for the user.

But then here is an additional condition. If the A13 is "Apples" (instead of Bananas) I want all data validation lists previously running down Column B to be removed then have the user manually input anything into the same cell.
I would also like to make all of column B to be blank before the user selects from either list in A13 or A14.

Can this work with Worksheet Event? Is there a more efficient way to do this outside of combination of nested formulas using helper cells?

Thank you,
Nathan

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back