Worksheets Buttons Update

sharpeye

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone
So I have been working on my spreadsheet for some time and decided to update buy adding buttons.
I do a lot of sorts with my data, 1 sort in particular uses 10 lines to edit to create the sort I need and everything is working ok.
I decided to assign each seperate sort to a button which is going to save me stupid amounts of time, I have 5 buttons done so far, each of them as expected and I have a few more buttons to add.
Here is the question.
I always run the sort before inserting a button, then when it comes to running the Macro, I click data>sort, all my sort criteria are already in place so click ok, click on any cell to remove the selection and stop Macro.
The I have to edit the Macro because its going to contain the range I used for the sort but as the range is different every time, I remove any ranges in the VBA and replace with "selection."

This doesnt always work so on 2 of my sort Macros Ive changed a range to selection and left other ranges as they are and the Buttons do work but Im not happy the Macro still uses a defined range and I dont want it to get messed up because of this if theres a way to remove the range, Im not really up on VBA coding but Im learning since I'vw been here.

Here is one of Macros which I've labelled in Red.
I use Excel 2019

Many thanks

Sub Results_by_K_Sort()
'
' Results_by_K_Sort Macro
'

'
Selection.Select This used to contain a range
Selection.Activate This used to contain a range
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("FIX").Sort.SortFields.Clear
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("FIX").Sort.SortFields.Add(Range("K3:K19"), _ Could this range cause probems?
xlSortOnCellColor, xlAscending, , xlSortNormal).SortOnValue.Color = RGB(255, _
255, 0)
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("FIX").Sort.SortFields.Add(Range("K3:K19"), _ Could this range cause probems?
xlSortOnCellColor, xlAscending, , xlSortNormal).SortOnValue.Color = RGB(146, _
208, 80)
xlSortOnCellColor, xlAscending, , xlSortNormal).SortOnValue.Color = RGB(255, _
192, 0)
xlSortOnCellColor, xlAscending, , xlSortNormal).SortOnValue.Color = RGB(0, 176 _
, 240)
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("FIX").Sort.SortFields.Add2 Key:=Range("K3:K19"), _ Could this range cause probems?
SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlDescending, DataOption:=xlSortNormal
With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("FIX").Sort
.SetRange Selection This used to contain a range
.Header = xlGuess
.MatchCase = False
.Orientation = xlTopToBottom
.SortMethod = xlPinYin
.Apply
End With
Range("B2").Select
End Sub

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back