Workweek Function

benntw

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a gantt chart I built. G6 is my start date and time. F6 is my hourly duration. H6 is my finish date and time. What I am looking to do is have the choice if that row works 4, 5, 6, or 7 days a week. Is it possible to put how many days I'd like that line item to work in I6 and have the finish date and time follow that selection ?

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
You want to calculate the finish date in cell H6, correct? I think we will need to know how many hours are worked in a single day.

Upvote 0
Yes it would need to calculate the finish date and time. The hours are dynamic. I have my gantt setup as hours. Currently everything works perfect except it allows you to work 7 days a week. I was trying the WORKDAY.INT function and I could not get it to calculate the end date. I want to specify the workweek by the numbers to skip or work those days. The hours worked are your standard 24 hours

Upvote 0
I do not see how you can calculate a final date if you do not know two things... how many hours are worked per day (if you task takes 14 hours, someone working 4 hours per day will need twice as many days as someone working 8 hours per day) and which days are workdays (so you know what days a calculated time has to skip over). When you assume 7 working days per week, that last one becomes immaterial, but as soon as there are days off, you need to know which ones they are so you don't land on them with your calculated finish date.

Upvote 0
I see what you are saying. Then with that said J6 I would put down the shift hours for that activity.

Upvote 0
And how will you designate either the working days or, alternatively, the days off?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back