World Cup Competition Spreadsheet Creativeness

maximobell

Board Regular
Hello All

At work we are running a world cup scores cokmpetition. Basically we have to predict all the scores for the group games. if you get the correct result ie "home" win, draw, "away" win then you get a point. If you get the correct score then you get points equal to the total goals scored in game plus th epoint for the correct result.

Now there will be a agood number of people etering 20 possibly more. Just lookign for an easy way of keeping track of scores each day, like a table.

I have bene playign around and just end up with messes anybody got any ideas?

ideally i would like the list of fixtures in order as they would be so that they can be updatyed each day quickly an dit will then check ita gaint everyone elses socres that would previously be input

in a manner i would think a table but it just becomes quite an odious task.

Any ideas would be appreciated, mind you maybe its just a tedious task i have to contend with :)

HTML:
Blank

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABACAD1       South Africa vMexico Uruguay vFrance South Africa vUruguay France vMexico Mexico vUruguay France vSouth Africa2      Actual:2 4 3 2                3South Africa 2v4Mexico1                        4Uruguay 3v2France2                        5South Africa  v Uruguay15                        6France  v Mexico20                        7Mexico  v Uruguay33                        8France  v South Africa34                        9Argentina  v Nigeria3                        10South Korea  v Greece4                        11Greece  v Nigeria19                        12Argentina  v South Korea17                        13Nigeria  v South Korea36                        14Greece  v Argentina35                        
Spreadsheet FormulasCellFormulaH2=IF(ISBLANK(B3),"",B3)J2=IF(ISBLANK(D3),"",D3)L2=IF(ISBLANK(B4),"",B4)N2=IF(ISBLANK(D4),"",D4)P2=IF(ISBLANK(B5),"",B5)R2=IF(ISBLANK($D5),"",$D5)T2=IF(ISBLANK($B6),"",$B6)U2=IF(ISBLANK(Blank!#REF!),"",Blank!#REF!)V2=IF(ISBLANK($D6),"",$D6)W2=IF(ISBLANK(RESULTSXYZ!I16),"",RESULTSXYZ!I16)X2=IF(ISBLANK($B7),"",$B7)Z2=IF(ISBLANK($D7),"",$D7)AB2=IF(ISBLANK($B7),"",$B7)AD2=IF(ISBLANK($D8),"",$D8)

Excel tables to the web >> Excel Jeanie HTML 4

This is how i have been toying with so far

I had priginally thought of doing it that each person predictions gets its own sheet and then the main sheet will autlomatically add a list of all the sheet names. I then could return the total points so far in adjacent column.

The only problem was getting the scores in order of 1st 2ns 3rd etc as for some reason sort filter owuldnt work in thi sscenario

example:

HTML:
LEAGUE TABLE

AB1NameScore4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  
Spreadsheet FormulasCellFormulaA4=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(MID(SheetNames,FIND("]",SheetNames)+1,255),ROWS(A$1:A3))),"",(INDEX(MID(SheetNames,FIND("]",SheetNames)+1,255),ROWS(A$1:A3))))B4=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&A4&"'!$F$1")),"",INDIRECT("'"&A4&"'!$F$1"))A5=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(MID(SheetNames,FIND("]",SheetNames)+1,255),ROWS(A$1:A4))),"",(INDEX(MID(SheetNames,FIND("]",SheetNames)+1,255),ROWS(A$1:A4))))B5=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&A5&"'!$F$1")),"",INDIRECT("'"&A5&"'!$F$1"))A6=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(MID(SheetNames,FIND("]",SheetNames)+1,255),ROWS(A$1:A5))),"",(INDEX(MID(SheetNames,FIND("]",SheetNames)+1,255),ROWS(A$1:A5))))B6=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&A6&"'!$F$1")),"",INDIRECT("'"&A6&"'!$F$1"))A7=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(MID(SheetNames,FIND("]",SheetNames)+1,255),ROWS(A$1:A6))),"",(INDEX(MID(SheetNames,FIND("]",SheetNames)+1,255),ROWS(A$1:A6))))B7=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&A7&"'!$F$1")),"",INDIRECT("'"&A7&"'!$F$1"))A8=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(MID(SheetNames,FIND("]",SheetNames)+1,255),ROWS(A$1:A7))),"",(INDEX(MID(SheetNames,FIND("]",SheetNames)+1,255),ROWS(A$1:A7))))B8=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&A8&"'!$F$1")),"",INDIRECT("'"&A8&"'!$F$1"))A9=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(MID(SheetNames,FIND("]",SheetNames)+1,255),ROWS(A$1:A8))),"",(INDEX(MID(SheetNames,FIND("]",SheetNames)+1,255),ROWS(A$1:A8))))B9=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&A9&"'!$F$1")),"",INDIRECT("'"&A9&"'!$F$1"))B10=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&A10&"'!$F$1")),"",INDIRECT("'"&A10&"'!$F$1"))B11=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&A11&"'!$F$1")),"",INDIRECT("'"&A11&"'!$F$1"))B12=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&A12&"'!$F$1")),"",INDIRECT("'"&A12&"'!$F$1"))B13=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&A13&"'!$F$1")),"",INDIRECT("'"&A13&"'!$F$1"))B14=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&A14&"'!$F$1")),"",INDIRECT("'"&A14&"'!$F$1"))B15=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&A15&"'!$F$1")),"",INDIRECT("'"&A15&"'!$F$1"))

Excel tables to the web >> Excel Jeanie HTML 4

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back