XP service pack 2

elgringo56

This is not an Excel question, but I wondered if anyone else has seen this. In my store, this week, I attempted to install XP SP2 on two older machines that had Intel motherboards with 810 chipsets and on-board video. The video driver that was used in both cases is the one supplied in XP for the 810 chipset. On both machines, after the install, I lost all color and resolution on my monitor. Uninstalling SP2 fixed the condition. Contacting microsoft got me no where, of course. My question is, has anyone else with that type of motherboard and chipset tried to install SP2 and experienced the problem?

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I don't know about your specific problem, but I did read last week that a lot of big companies are putting off the SP2 upgrade because it FUBAR's some applications. The big wigs have asked the 'softies to re-engineer the thing, which I guess they are doing.

I asked my IS Department and they said "what's SP2?" :unsure:

Smitty

Upvote 0
Larry i cant say about that one, seemed odd but about right.

There are patches already to SP2 says it all really, i run SP2 and so on notice little and also most other patches of guess its one of thse things, i have been told i will be sent a massive list of all that SP2 does - be intresting that have to see then ill send the list to you and see if this ones on it.

As for M$ dont you just love them?

Jack

Oh i have been told the MSDN version is stronger that the now avalible version kind of best the object that one!!! I have not tested this but i do run the MSDN version that was full version a month earlier that the now avalible and had no problems so far as all teh guys i know have not hit problems so far.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back