Yearly Planner

ir26121973

Board Regular
Hi,

Wonder is someone can help please.

I have a table containing data on specific e-forms that I perform certain tests on to make sure they work when down loaded by users.

There are many e-forms with many different tests but for ease of explanation I will use only a few.

The columns are labelled as below with the name of the form in the first column and then the dates under the relevant tests as can be seen in my example. These tests can be carried out on any day throughout the financial year i.e Apr-Mar.

e - Form Test 1 Test 2

Form 1 01/04/06 20/09/06
Form 2 18/10/06 05/12/06

What I would like, if possible is to show this data in a report with a 12 month timeline going across the top and then the forms down the left hand side and the test dates plotted under the relevant timeline date against them.

I'm not sure whether Access is the correct application to do this in but I feel it may be even more difficult in Excel.

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly received.

Many thanks

Chris

To put this data into a table, then print from the table, there are two ways to get it into the table. One is an append query which I don't recommend, and two is VBA code. But when you say you are new to Access, I don't know how much you know about VBA code.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Vic,

In all honesty if someone gives me VBA, then I can follow it to a degree, it just takes a while, but I am keen on learning.

However I don't know enough to start from scratch

Are there generic elements of VBA that I could use?

Regards

Chris

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back