Your book in electronic format

Ha ! No Chance, Ice Hockey players aren't posh ! :devilish:

Just next to the BP Garage off Shirley High Street....

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
I think I know roughly where you are talking about... easy commute then :p

Doddle Until i have to make my sales calls / meetings and the M42 roadworks and the NCP sponsored M6 get in the way ! :oops:

These sort of personal disussions could have been avoided by using PM thing in this Forum.

Why do the users mess up and detrack from the Real topic which was actually about Book in Electronic Format.

I hope that moderators would try to delete such posts instead of joining such.

Jack in the UK said:
E=Books are hackable and with email

This could wipe a good book from the book stores

Jack

Hopefully thats not the case. John Walkenbach includes a CD with his Power VBA and Excel Formulas books and both have a PDF of the book on the disc. I find this incredibly useful as I do contract work so I am not in one place all the time so can easily reference the info. eBooks are great for finding keywords so is brilliant for locating specific info in a hurry. The PDF's are protected and I know you can unprotect them but I dont believe that would result in many losses of sales.

It is a lot easier to read the wirtten word in printed format than on the screen, so I for one wouldnt want to read a 300+ page book purely on my PC unless I had a box full of eyedrops handy. The fact that newspapers still sell even though the stories are available online indicates people are prepared to pay for printed material even though the same info could be viewed online for free.

I agree with the previous poster Guest

John Walkenbach includes a CD with his Power VBA and Excel Formulas books and both have a PDF of the book on the disc. I find this incredibly useful as I do contract work so I am not in one place all the time so can easily reference the info. eBooks are great for finding keywords so is brilliant for locating specific info in a hurry. The PDF's are protected and I know you can unprotect them but I dont believe that would result in many losses of sales.

As one cant carry the Hard copy of the book where one goes so if the book is available in the E Book Format I will help the users and will obviously increase the sale of that book.

Hope that Mr Excel will also include the EBook (PDF Version like John WalkenBach) along with the Hardcopy of the Book.)

Regards

hmmmm ... I have to disagree - there are a shed load of Walkenbach PDF files floating around some of the P2P sites.... I think Bill is quite right

And anyway.... you can print a pdf file.... so it doesn't stop you getting a hard copy if that's how you like to read...

Whilst I have both the Books & PDFs (that I paid for) - and the pdf is very useful to have when you're using it as a reference say at work & at home... I still agree that it can result in piracy & lost sales so i quite understand the economics of Bill's decision..

WillR said:
The pdf is very useful to have when you're using it as a reference say at work & at home... I still agree that it can result in piracy & lost sales so i quite understand the economics of Bill's decision..

Well said WillR. When its for learning its sharing. the ebooks can now be well protected and disabled for printing.Some goood protectors like one i know of Xtreme Protector can be used to Protect these pdf's for further distribution.

As far as the economics is concerned why not go for more sale and less profit Policy as pdf version more in demand than the Hard Copy

Well may be the Publishers / Owners of the book agree with me.

TheBuGz said:
....as pdf version more in demand than the Hard Copy...

Really? :rolleyes: I hardly think so... I've yet to see any research that suggests that "real" books are less in demand than "virtual" ones...
The number of bookshops still thriving would tend to suggest otherwise... at least in my neck of the woods... personally I always prefer to read from a page, as opposed to a screen - pdf is just useful when "at" the PC...

(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back