Disable email notifications for new Post Thanks/Quotes/Likes feature

Jonmo1

MrExcel MVP
I can't find how to disable the notifications for the new Thanks / Quotes / Likes feature.

Particularly the email notifications. I can live with the notification area in the web browser. But I don't want the emails.

in settings under my settings there is "DBTech - Post Thanks" where you can disable emails for the mod.

I did that, but I still get emails when I'm quoted..

Under my settings "user tagging" settings you can disable Quote Emails, Thread Tag Emails, and Mention Emails.

Interesting. I have seen other people also discussing the email notifications of quotes etc. I have not received any such emails (yes, I have been quoted) and yet looking at these settings in my profile I don't have any of the boxes checked to disable any of the emails. So I'm wondering why I am not getting the emails.

Mind you, if I do start getting them for quotes etc, I will very definitely be trying to turn them off. :)

Interesting. I have seen other people also discussing the email notifications of quotes etc. I have not received any such emails (yes, I have been quoted) and yet looking at these settings in my profile I don't have any of the boxes checked to disable any of the emails. So I'm wondering why I am not getting the emails.

Mind you, if I do start getting them for quotes etc, I will very definitely be trying to turn them off. :)

Did they go to your spam folder?

The “@DragonByte Tech;” Will become a link to the DragonByte Tech users profile, it will also inform DragonByte Tech they had been mentioned, and link to the relevant thread/post via a new area in the profile section, as well as a new tab in the shoutbox.

It also allows members to “tag” the thread for specific other members by inputting their usernames in the tag box above the posts of the thread.

from here
New Posting Features - [DBTech] Advanced User Tagging v3 (vB4) - vBulletin.org Forum

So if I see a thread I think you would be interested in I could tag you so you would see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back