SUMIF MULTIPLE SHEETS

MikeMN

I have used the sumif formula many times ofer the years.

However, I have always only refrences one sheet.

I am now tying to refrence several sheets.

But I am getting a #value error message.

Any thoughts if this can be done.

Thank you

Mike

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Upvote 0
Row\Col
B​
C​
5​
6​
JAD
56​
7​
NAD
4​
8​
XAD
22​
9​

<tbody>
</tbody>

In C6 of summary enter and copy
=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!I9:I41"),
INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!A9:A41"),$B6))
[/code]

See the link for a sample implementation: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65698317/JHopp82 SUMIF(S) MULTIPLE SHEETS.xlsx

I am pretty certain I am doing this the same way you are. But still no results, Just a #REF! error everytime. Do you have an email where I can email you the file and you can look it over, maybe?

Your example seems to be set up just the way I am setting mine up (for the most part).

Upvote 0
I am pretty certain I am doing this the same way you are. But still no results, Just a #REF! error everytime. Do you have an email where I can email you the file and you can look it over, maybe?

Your example seems to be set up just the way I am setting mine up (for the most part).

SheetList must contain sheets which all must exist, otherwise a #REF! error will follow.

Upvote 0
SheetList must contain sheets which all must exist, otherwise a #REF! error will follow.

I used a macro that lets me drag a code down and lists the name of all my sheets. I then selected the boxes that listed my sheets and named it "SheetList". I have done this both with the macro and without the macro because I thought the macro/code might interfere. But still got the #REF! error. I am off work atm. Will play around with it some more tomorrow if I have the time.

I do appreciate the patience and help you are giving me. I might just try rebuilding my entire WorkBook and see if that helps. I do have other Vendors I have yet to make a WorkBook for.

I always kept putting Excel off and using Word all the time b/c it looked difficult to learn.. lol.. I got a little older (32) and now I am enjoying the challenge of making my paperwork simpler... lol

Anyways. Thanks again for the help. If I get a chance tomorrow I am going to make another workbook and see if I can get it to work from there. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I used a macro that lets me drag a code down and lists the name of all my sheets. I then selected the boxes that listed my sheets and named it "SheetList". I have done this both with the macro and without the macro because I thought the macro/code might interfere. But still got the #REF! error. [...]

Could you post the formula you have?

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin,
This thread is amazing and your generous assistance is commendable. I would like to thank you for solving a question I had when I found this with a google search. I do have a question also.
From your first response I used option 1 and with a few changes to reflect my own situation, it works like a charm.
=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!B19:B31"),B3,INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!M19:M31")))
B19:B31 is a list of names and M19:M31 is a value on each of the sheets in my workbook and the desired total arrives depending upon the name in B3 in the above. Thanks.
I would like to know how to introduce one more factor as in range INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!G19:G31"),D2,
D2 being the word "On".
So in all, if the name in B3 also has the value "On" in column G then the value in column M would total, not just from the name in B3.
One small problem though, this must be a formula than Excel 2003 can also understand as this version is still currently used by our group.

Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0
Thank you for replying Aldin,
We have a variety of operating systems being used, some of them XP although these are in the process of being replaced with Windows 7 64 bit so I would say possibly yes right now but no within a short period.

Upvote 0
Thank you for replying Aldin,
We have a variety of operating systems being used, some of them XP although these are in the process of being replaced with Windows 7 64 bit so I would say possibly yes right now but no within a short period.

Windows 7 32bit and earlier OS versions run Excel 2003 and allow for running Longre's morefunc.xll add-in. If you install this add-in, you can use Longre's THREED. This would give you:
Rich (BB code):

=SUMPRODUCT(
    THREED(Sheet2:Sheet3!$M$19:$M$31),
    --(THREED(Sheet2:Sheet3!$B$19:$B$31)=B3),
    --(THREED(Sheet2:Sheet3!$G$19:$G$31)="On"))

Excel itself should have this THREED!...

When you are on a more recent Excel version (with SUMIFS), you can have:
Rich (BB code):

=SUMPRODUCT(
   SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!M19:M31"),
     INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!B19:B31"),B3,INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!G19:G31"),"On"))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back