Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Visual Basic error 400?????

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been running the same code for an HMI screen using Excel for some time now and now that I am ready to put it out to Field use, I get a pop up message when pressing a button. The error is Visual Basic error 400.
    If the sheet is not protected then there is no message box. The code still works but the pop up is a nuisance. Anyone tell me what is error 400? Or how can I block it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-03-09 09:24, jdavis9 wrote:
    I have been running the same code for an HMI screen using Excel for some time now and now that I am ready to put it out to Field use, I get a pop up message when pressing a button. The error is Visual Basic error 400.
    If the sheet is not protected then there is no message box. The code still works but the pop up is a nuisance. Anyone tell me what is error 400? Or how can I block it?
    Copied from Excel's VBA help:

Form already displayed; can't show modally (Error 400)

You can't use the Show method to display a visible form as modal. This error has the following cause and solution:

You tried to use Show, with the style argument set to 1 vbModal, on an already visible form.

Use either the Unload statement or the Hide method on the form before trying to show it as a modal form.
    Does this help you out?

Barrie Davidson

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, actually it didn't directly, but it did get me looking in the right direction.
    In the various lookups I was modifying a protected cell based on a value found in another file.
    So I suppose it did actually help.

Thank you.

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others