Edit Links - Startup Prompt - Don't display the alert and update links

Carin

Board Regular
I have a file that uses the Vlookup feature. Each and every time I open the file, it asks if I would like to update. If I update, then I have the choice to continue or edit links. If I continue, I have noticed that my data was not updated with the most recent file it is linked to. So then I am forced to choose edit link, then Open Source.
Every time I Open Source, my report has good data.

I want the report to automatically get the recent data.

I selected the Startup Prompt button and chose, Don't display the alert and update links and still it alerts me and does not update the links unless I open the source.

What am I doing wrong? What more information do you need to understand my situation.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
If anyone could give me some key words to use to search I would be willing. I have used every term that is listed in my previous message and have not found exactly what I need. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
I get the same thing. I don't know if it is a bug, but a few files I have always give me the Edit/Continue dialogue when I know the links are all present and correct. The only way I have ever found to get round it is to open the source, which of course might not be what you should be doing. I know that Excel seems to have a problem with 'Phantom Links.'

So my answer is - I suspect it's a bug.

Upvote 0
I have made multiple reports with links and they all want me to open source to update values each and every time.
Is there anyway to eleviate this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back