Cannot open document - help!

Geoff

I just spent 6 hours completing an 8 page document, saved it to disc, and now find it will not open again. It gives the message "....cannot be accessed. The file may be read only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding."
The problem began when I opened a separate excel document (which was read only) from another source while mine was still open.
I have tried opening mine as read-only, to no avail. Somehow, the other document has changed the properties of mine.
If anyone out there can help me it would be greatly appreciated as I really do need this document soon.
Thanks, Geoff.

Gidday Geoff,

hummmph, that's a bit of a bummer.

Come back soon with any other Excel queries. As you can see, there's a wealth of experience here.

Chris
:)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Goeff

you gave me little chance to help, and did not answer my questions this makes it hard to help.

However if you still need help please feel free to help ill do all i can, but its up to you to work with me, else you loose the work.. which i do not want to happen

Upvote 0
If you can get your hands on Lotus 1-2-3 try opening it there. I received a data file once that Excel would not open. As a joke tried it in 1-2-3 and it opened. Saved it from there in Excel format and was then able to open in Excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back