Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: REFRESH PIVOT TABLE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last month, I had an Excel spreadsheet with 20 pivot tables within 10 separate worksheets. If I hit the refresh button on any one pivot table, all the tables refreshed. Today, I must hit the refresh button on each separate pivot table to do a complete refresh. I do not know what I did to make this change. Can anyone tell me what I possible did to modify the refresh capability?

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure but just record a macro of you refreshing each pivot table and run the macro when ever you want to update the pivot tables.

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally, all the PivotTables were probably sourced from a single PivotTable (the one you were refreshing). You may have unwittingly created this configuration by making copies of the worksheet that contained your original PivotTable and then modified each according to your needs. Alternately, you could have explicitly sourced subsequent PivotTables by specifying "Another PivotTable" at Step 1 of 4 in the PivotTable wizard. Either way you subsequently changed the source of what was a dependant PivotTable.

You could remedy this situation by re-establishing the sourcing from a "master" PivotTable by pressing the PivotTable wizard's [ Back ] button to return to Step 1 and re-specifying the source. Or, you could use the Refresh All toolbar button (from the External Data toolbar) to refresh all PivotTables on the workbook.

[ This Message was edited by: Mark W. on 2002-04-08 15:31 ]

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others