how to do this ?? beside vlookup?

apple

i use vlookup to find the materials which matched the width and thickness i entered. as the width and thickness appeared a few in the lookup table and there many different type of material for the same width and thickness. so how can i find the specified material for the width and thickness i entered. thanx for ur reply

On 2002-04-10 21:10, apple wrote:
i use vlookup to find the materials which matched the width and thickness i entered. as the width and thickness appeared a few in the lookup table and there many different type of material for the same width and thickness. so how can i find the specified material for the width and thickness i entered. thanx for ur reply

Try to repost your data. The best way to do it is as follows:

Go to the worksheet that houses your lookup (materials). Activate an empty cell, type =, select 10 rows of your table (including labels/column headings), hit F9, copy what you see after the =-sign, and paste what you copied in the follow up (or paste it over the contents of your earlier post by using the Edit option.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Hi, Ian

i know dat Qns is ans but never mind i will include the heading separate by / . the 0.002MM * 56.0MM is actually the specification of the material. the are in the same column
i know i can include field like UR(usage) or Job together with the width and specification when lookup but what if the job is a new job? i will not find the materials. i have try many method like macro dialog box, form list box using index(), Vlookup and etc...

Can anybody help????????????

BL JOB / UR /SPECIFICATIONTHICKNESS*WIDTH) / MATERIAL
20914-3 / 0.1750 / BRASS CDA #260 ½ HARD
30308 / 0.238 / 0.002MM * 56.0MM / SUS 301 1/2HARD
20825 / 0.454 / 0.0035MM * 1.310MM / NI AG CDA770 SPRING TEMPER
20831 / 0.363 / 0.0035MM * 1.310MM / NI AG CDA770 SPRING TEMPER
20820 / 0.454 / 0.0035MM * 1.310MM / NI AG CDA770 SPRING TEMPER
12376B / 0.509 / 0.003MM * 1.1250MM / 300 SERIES SST FULL HARD

Upvote 0
hi, Aladin Akyurek
i try ur method(Go to the worksheet that houses your lookup (materials). Activate an empty cell, type =, select 10 rows of your table (including labels/column headings), hit F9, copy what you see after the =-sign, and paste what you copied in the follow up (or paste it over the contents of your earlier post by using the Edit option) but as my data fields is too huge it will work. i know it work with same data. so how?? i can't exclude other data as the are together for checking.

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-11 20:48, apple wrote:
hi, Aladin Akyurek
i try ur method(Go to the worksheet that houses your lookup (materials). Activate an empty cell, type =, select 10 rows of your table (including labels/column headings), hit F9, copy what you see after the =-sign, and paste what you copied in the follow up (or paste it over the contents of your earlier post by using the Edit option) but as my data fields is too huge it will work. i know it work with same data. so how?? i can't exclude other data as the are together for checking.

Just post that portion that is relevant.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back