Get rightmost non date value in a row

SingularitysPoint

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
We have numerous sheets of thickness readings. They take the form of something similar to:

ITEMPOSBASE THKBASE DATETHICKNESSDATETHICKNESSDATETHICKNESSDATE
001A5.111/06/154.913/06/2353625/09/195.111/06/15
002B7.625/09/198.2513/06/237.625/09/19N11/06/15
003C5.211/06/155.113/06/235.325/09/195.211/06/15

The number of columns after the Item and Position can vary, depending on how many readings we have but, if there isn't a reading one year, the survey date is still entered and an 'N' (for No Reading) is entered.

What I need to get (in the BASETHK and BASEDATE cells) is the rightmost thickness reading for one, and the respective date for the other. The colouring above is purely to show where the results in the BASE columns are coming from.

Is this possible? I've Google lots, and tried LOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH and so on, but without real success.

For future reference.

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Get rightmost non-date or text value in a row [SOLVED]
There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Thanks Fluff. I didn't realise and needed an answer as soon as possible to prevent my team spending hours on something they didn't need to. I apologise.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
... to prevent my team spending hours on something they didn't need to.
Yet that meant our (unpaid) team spent hours on something we did not need to, given the problem was solved on the other forum some 2 hours before my posts 6 & 7 here. ;) :(

Upvote 0
Yet that meant our (unpaid) team spent hours on something we did not need to, given the problem was solved on the other forum some 2 hours before my posts 6 & 7 here. ;) :(
I apologise. I really didn't mean for that to happen and am extremeley grateful for all help given.

Upvote 0
Apology accepted. Just remember to provide any cross-post links on both/all forums in the future. :)
It is also worth considering whether posting on multiple forums actually makes things faster. There are numerous helpers in all forums that will just pass over your thread if it is cross-posted because they do not want to bother trying to monitor multiple forums to see if an answer &/or additional information has been provided elsewhere. So you may have two forums in play, but less potential helpers in each one.

Upvote 1
Apology accepted. Just remember to provide any cross-post links on both/all forums in the future. :)
It is also worth considering whether posting on multiple forums actually makes things faster. There are numerous helpers in all forums that will just pass over your thread if it is cross-posted because they do not want to bother trying to monitor multiple forums to see if an answer &/or additional information has been provided elsewhere. So you may have two forums in play, but less potential helpers in each one.
I do see your point, and thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back