Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Getting data from access in excel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an excel sheet that has unit numbers. In an access database I have the same unit numbers,mechanic names and days each unit number was used. What I want to do is say if unit number in excel matches the unit number in the access file then combine in an excel sheet the name, unit number and days used. Is this possible? One user name can have multiple unit numbers associated with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

On 2002-02-24 08:44, benkong2 wrote:
    I have an excel sheet that has unit numbers. In an access database I have the same unit numbers,mechanic names and days each unit number was used. What I want to do is say if unit number in excel matches the unit number in the access file then combine in an excel sheet the name, unit number and days used. Is this possible? One user name can have multiple unit numbers associated with it.
    If the field names are exactly the same both in Access and in Excel, I'd import the Excel data into the existing table in Access, then export the table housing the combined data to Excel.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-02-24 08:44, benkong2 wrote:
    I'm reading it a little differently, I would also import it to Access, but in seperate table. Then set up a query where by you create a join between the Mechanic fields for example.
    Then set the Join properties to reflect the data you want to see.

You can also try a LINK as opposed to import, but that is not always favourable with some data types. otherwise use Macro Action to automate your imports.

Ziggy

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others