Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2 Versions Of Excel...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2 versions of Excel on my computer, 97 & XP. I have 97 to open webpages since XP is so slow...

Anyways, I want 97 as my default Excel (so when I open a file in my computer, it opens in Excel 97), not XP but I cant change it. Is there a way to do this?

[ This Message was edited by: Derek_35 on 2002-04-28 19:14 ]

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one way would be to uninstall xp version

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I should've mentioned 'without uninstalling XP'. I use that for web publishing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I assume you are opening a file from Windows explorer or my computer. What you need to ddo is change the file associations. To do this open windows explorer, Select Folder Options from the Tools menu and then select the File Types tab. Scroll down the list of Registered file types until you see the XLS Microsoft Excel Worksheet extension.
    Cklick on this and then on change.
    When the Open With window opens click on browse and find the Excel EXE file of the version of Excel you want to use.
    Click on Open. Click on OK. Click on OK. Then click Apply and then close the Folder Options Window. You should now have Excel 97 associated with XLS files and therefor be the default when you double click on an Excel file.

Cheers,
    Alan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent, Thank you so much!

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-04-28 19:25, Tinhare wrote:
    Hi,
    I assume you are opening a file from Windows explorer or my computer. What you need to ddo is change the file associations. To do this open windows explorer, Select Folder Options from the Tools menu and then select the File Types tab. Scroll down the list of Registered file types until you see the XLS Microsoft Excel Worksheet extension.
    Cklick on this and then on change.
    When the Open With window opens click on browse and find the Excel EXE file of the version of Excel you want to use.
    Click on Open. Click on OK. Click on OK. Then click Apply and then close the Folder Options Window. You should now have Excel 97 associated with XLS files and therefor be the default when you double click on an Excel file.

Cheers,
    Alan.
    Hi Derek_35 and Alan:
    I am using Windows 98 ... I get to the Folder option from the View Menu after Windows Explorer ... and then proceeding to change the File Type Association.

Regards!

Yogi Anand

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others