Thread: What in my macro triggers the "Privacy warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or Web components. These may include personal information that cannot be removed by the document inspector." me
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What in my macro triggers the "Privacy warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or Web components. These may include personal information that cannot be removed by the document inspector." me

I have a file that I save as ".xlsb" or ".xlsm". Whenever I save it I get the message "Privacy warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or Web components. These may include personal information that cannot be removed by the document inspector.".

If I:
    1) remove all macros
    2) close and reopen the workbook
    3) save it again

I don't get the privacy warning any more. So I guess the warning is caused by something in my macro.

Can I find out what in my macro is causing the privacy warning?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What in my macro triggers the "Privacy warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or Web components. These may include personal information that cannot be removed by the document inspector."

Its not "your" macro, it it just a general warning telling you the WB has macros

- Posting guidelines, forum rules and terms of use

- Try searching for your answer first, see how

- Read the FAQs

- List of BB codes

Regards

Ford

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What in my macro triggers the "Privacy warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or Web components. These may include personal information that cannot be removed by the document inspector.&

Quote Originally Posted by FDibbins View Post
    Its not "your" macro, it it just a general warning telling you the WB has macros
    For me it happen every time I save my Macro. Why is this happening and is my macro being saved?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: What in my macro triggers the "Privacy warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or Web components. These may include personal information that cannot be removed by the document inspector.&

For Excel 2010 Version :

1 File button (for 2007 then Menu Button)
    2 Excel Option
    3 Trust Center
    4 Trust Center setting
    5 Privacy Options
    6 uncheck the "Remove personal information from file properties on save"

probably later versions the same as 2010 version (and your macro's should be fine).
    Last edited by MARK858; Mar 9th, 2016 at 04:32 PM.
    Test VBA on a copy of your data (remember you can't normally reverse the action)

Please follow the forum Rules and Guidelines & please use Code tags around your code i.e. [CODE]your code[/CODE]

To post a screenshot try one of these links
    MrExcel HTML Maker, RoryA addin (Win & Mac) or Borders-Copy-Paste

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is trying to protect you from bad macros. It has no way to tell. You can set up certain folders as "Trusted" and then it won't complain about any file in those folders. Just don't put something in those folders until you are sure you can trust it.

Go to File-> Options "Trust Center" "Trust Center Setting" "Trusted Locations" "Add New Location"

Any workbooks saved under there with macros will not complain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is in due to a macro in the workbook , if you trust it or you yourself made it , it is ok
    enable developer tab to see macro security
    1-click developer tab
    2-click macro security
    3-click privacy options
    4-unclick "Remove personal information from file properties on save
    enjoy saving

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others