Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pls help ASAP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK... I'm still having memory problems...

I have a 13 thousand row table that I need to link to a summary worksheet- my formulas are countif's and sumif's

EG-
    =SUMIF('really big sheet F:$F,1, really big sheet$Q:$Q) F being decile and Q being in this case savings

So this formula adds all the decile 1 savings in the 13 thousand row spreadsheet. I do this for deciles 1 to 10 for about 15 variables.

Well I'd like to do it- I get a 'not enough memory to update links" message and a #VALUE value.

Any ideas on how I can get this to work?

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might be better off Using your Pivot Table wizard to point at your data. Then you could use GetPivotData forumlas to retrieve the summary information from the PVT.
    Creating a Pivot table from your Data is about a 5minute process once you get the hang of it.
    I used to have the same problem and found this to be a good solution. I pull data into PVT's from Mdb's , SQL's and CSV's in real time all the time.
    The PVT's can also be set up to refresh when opening the workbook, on a timer , or manual... what do you think ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I learn PVT quickly ???

On 2002-05-09 22:21, Nimrod wrote:
    You might be better off Using your Pivot Table wizard to point at your data. Then you could use GetPivotData forumlas to retrieve the summary information from the PVT.
    Creating a Pivot table from your Data is about a 5minute process once you get the hang of it.
    I used to have the same problem and found this to be a good solution. I pull data into PVT's from Mdb's , SQL's and CSV's in real time all the time.
    The PVT's can also be set up to refresh when opening the workbook, on a timer , or manual... what do you think ?

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your source data in ? Is it in another xls file , csv file, what ?
    I might be able to step you through some of this .
    PS right now I'm leaving work so I won't write back to you for about 20 minutes

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others