Charts in Excel- please help on making charts that ignore blank cells in a spreadsheet

This is a discussion on Charts in Excel- please help on making charts that ignore blank cells in a spreadsheet within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hi I have excel for Mac 2011 and I cant work out how to do this. I did try going ...

Default Charts in Excel- please help on making charts that ignore blank cells in a spreadsheet

Hi

I have excel for Mac 2011 and I cant work out how to do this. I did try going to Excel menu>preferences>charts and selecting empty cells not plotted. However I don't even have the option to select this now....any suggestions?

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: Charts in Excel- please help on making charts that ignore blank cells in a spreadsheet

This setting depends on chart type, and for chart types that recognize the setting, whether the cells are really blank or just have a formula that make them look blank.

For more on this topic, see my tutorial Mind the Gap - Charting Empty Cells.
    Jon Peltier
    Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
    Try Peltier Tech Charts for Excel

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others