Events and Active X controls not working

This is a discussion on Events and Active X controls not working within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hi folks I've hit an issue with some VBA . To make things really simple I've put together a really ...

Default Events and Active X controls not working

Hi folks I've hit an issue with some VBA. To make things really simple I've put together a really basic spreadsheet. In the Workbook_open event I have a msgbox that consists of msgbox "Events Enabled = " & application.EnableEvents to show the events status and a line to set it to true. This bit of code runs as I can see the popup show and it says that the events are enabled.

I have a beforeDoubleClick event set on a cell in the worksheet and an Active X button on the worksheet. All they do is show a message box. Neither of these work. But if I put a Form based button on the worksheet that works fine.

So does anybody know why I can't get the active x and events to fire off even though my VBA is running and enabling events?

It works fine on my PC, just not on some that I email it to.

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: Events and Active X controls not working

I can't say why events other than ActiveX wouldn't be working (there's not much point enabling events from the workbook_open event - if they aren't already enabled, that code won't run) but it's quite possible you have an issue with ActiveX controls due to an MS Update: Office Update breaks ActiveX controls | Excel Matters

Hi,

The enable events was only in there to ensure that events were enabled. Unfortunately any sheet based event doesn't seem to be firing off. Which is odd given that the workbook_open event is running! I can get by without the activeX stuff, but need to work out why the events are not working

MrExcel MVP

Do the events work if you remove the activex controls completely? One can interfere with the other.

If that still doesn't fix it, do you have any conditional formatting in the sheet that uses a UDF?

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others