VBA / macro to match multiple Criteria on two sheets then copy and paste cell value

CliffWeb

I need a macro to match/find Rep list and ID on Sheet 1 with Sheet 2 then copy and paste Skill Level from sheet 2 under the correct Skill on Sheet 1. I have a list of over 300 Reps and about 20 different skills and each skills has a levels ranging from 1-8. Below is a quick a example of how sheet 1 should look after comparing the list matching and copying the value from the Data to sheet 1. Sorry I don't know how to add the grid lines but Rep name is A3 and so on.

Sheet 1
Rep NameRep ID151015111512151615171688
Rep 1Rep ID 1612
Rep 2Rep ID 2435
Rep 3Rep ID 3532
Rep 4Rep ID 4341
Rep 5Rep ID 5311
Sheet 2 Data Sheet
Rep NameRep IDSkill01Skill01 LvlSkill02Skill02 LvlSkill03Skill03 Lvl
Rep 1Rep ID 1151711688215166
Rep 2Rep ID 2151041511315125
Rep 3Rep ID 3168821516315105
Rep 4Rep ID 4151611510315124
Rep 5Rep ID 5151131517116881

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Try this for Results in sheet1.
Code:
[COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR] MG15Aug53
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Dn [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, ac [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long,[/COLOR] n [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Rng [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, Dic [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Object, Col [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Integer[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Ray [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Variant, Txt [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]String,[/COLOR] p [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Variant

Ray = Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A3").CurrentRegion
[COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] Dic = CreateObject("scripting.dictionary")
Dic.CompareMode = vbTextCompare
    [COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] n = 2 To UBound(Ray, 1)
        Txt = Ray(n, 1) & Ray(n, 2)
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Not Dic.Exists(Txt) [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
                [COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] Dic(Txt) = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
            [COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] If
            [COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] ac = 3 To UBound(Ray, 2) [COLOR="Navy"]Step[/COLOR] 2
                [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Not Dic(Txt).Exists(Ray(n, ac)) [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
                    Dic(Txt).Add (Ray(n, ac)), Ray(n, ac + 1)
            [COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] ac
    [COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] n

[COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] Rng = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A3").CurrentRegion
[COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] n = 4 To Rng.Count
    [COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR] Sheets("Sheet1")
        [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Dic.Exists(.Range("A" & n).Value & .Range("B" & n).Value) [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] p [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Dic(.Range("A" & n).Value & .Range("B" & n).Value)
                Col = Application.Match(p, Rng(1).Offset(1).Resize(, Rng.Columns.Count), 0)
                Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(n, Col) = _
                Dic(.Range("A" & n).Value & .Range("B" & n).Value).item(p)
            [COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] p
    [COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] With
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] n

[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR]
Regards Mick

Upvote 0
Thanks Mick, Everything works below Rep 1. For some reason rep one row is not filling in. If you don't mind can you fill me on what the code is doing or where it is doing it? because I may have to alter the Col, location for the the Skill01 and so on. Because of the raw data has more Columns in between the rep ID and and where Skillo1 is located. example Skill01 on the raw data actually starts on H Column. The rest of the Skills and Lvl continues from there on.

Upvote 0
I assumed that "Rep Name " in both sheets started in "A3", that might be the problem.

The code should take account of various numbers of columns and rows, if you are still having problems , perhaps you could show a more realistic example of your data, or send an Example file via "Box.com" (Free file sharing).

The code is basically taking all the data in sheet2 and comparing it with sheet1 columns "A & B", then matching the "Skill" numbers in sheet 2 with the headers in sheet 1 row 3. and allocating the sheet 2 values.

Upvote 0
I assumed that "Rep Name " in both sheets started in "A3", that might be the problem.

The code should take account of various numbers of columns and rows, if you are still having problems , perhaps you could show a more realistic example of your data, or send an Example file via "Box.com" (Free file sharing).

The code is basically taking all the data in sheet2 and comparing it with sheet1 columns "A & B", then matching the "Skill" numbers in sheet 2 with the headers in sheet 1 row 3. and allocating the sheet 2 values.

The Rep name does start on A3 for both sheets. Thanks for the explanation. I work is really appreciated.

Upvote 0
You're welcome
Mick, being that I can't take the original take from work to the net. I tried to give the best representation of the work itself, here is a closer representation of the Data sheet . I getting out of of script error. No changes needed to be made to the first sheet. I just wanted to expand on the Data sheet. I just got box here is a link. https://app.box.com/s/j4mki1oumxz1r1ggrudok9xvs9bniq87

Upvote 0
Change lines as shown below:-
Code:
 'Change line below to 3
    For n =[B][/B][COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=5] 3 [/SIZE][/COLOR]To UBound(Ray, 1)
        Txt = Ray(n, 1) & Ray(n, 2)
            If Not Dic.Exists(Txt) Then
                Set Dic(Txt) = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
            End If
            'CHange code below to "6"
            For ac = [B][/B][COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=5]6[/SIZE][/COLOR] To UBound(Ray, 2) Step 2
                If Not Dic(Txt).Exists(Ray(n, ac)) Then
                    Dic(Txt).Add (Ray(n, ac)), Ray(n, ac + 1)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back