SUM formula but with some cells that contain N/A

helpme1992

Hi all,

In a MASSIVE predicament and any help I can glean would be amaaaaaaazing!

I am trying to do a simple SUM formula but with some cells that contain N/A and I REALLY need to find a way of the formula ignoring the N/A values / adding this as 0.

I am not doing a simple '=SUM(A1:A10)' I am doing a 'SUM(Tracking!A1,Tracking!D1,Tracking!G1) etc.

I have tried the formula '=SUMIF(" ", ">=0") + SUMIF(" ", "<0") but due to the length of the formula (ei the number of cells being added)I am told there are too many arguments in the formula and it does not work.

My formula currently looks like this:

=SUM(Tracking!H10,Tracking!K10,Tracking!N10,Tracking!Q10,Tracking!T10,Tracking!W10,Tracking!Z10,Tracking!AC10,Tracking!AF10,Tracking!AI10,Tracking!AL10,Tracking!AO10,Tracking!AR10,Tracking!AU10,Tracking!AX10,Tracking!BA10,Tracking!BD10,Tracking!BG10,Tracking!BJ10,Tracking!BM10,Tracking!BP10,Tracking!BS10,Tracking!BV10,Tracking!BY10,Tracking!CB10,Tracking!CE10,Tracking!CH10,Tracking!CK10,Tracking!CN10,Tracking!CQ10,Tracking!CT10,Tracking!CW10,Tracking!CZ10,Tracking!DC10,Tracking!DF10,Tracking!DI10,Tracking!DL10,Tracking!DO10,Tracking!DR10,Tracking!DU10,Tracking!DX10,Tracking!EA10,Tracking!ED10,Tracking!EG10,Tracking!EJ10,Tracking!EM10,Tracking!EP10,Tracking!ES10,Tracking!EV10,Tracking!EY10,Tracking!FB10)

How can I make the above formula ignore N/A values / make these 0?

THANK YOU in advance,

Mx

Last edited:
Hi MrExcel MVP,

Thank you this has worked perfectly (feel like an idiot for asking that question!)

Is there anyway of dragging this across to the next column? I can drag down and this works but not across.

I have pasted this into cell E39 - perfect.
In cell F39 I need to do exactly the same thing / formula but remove the first entry of the formula ei - Tracking!H10.
Then cell G39 is the same but this time minus the first entry from cell F39 - Tracking!K10
And so on and so on.

Is there a quicker way of doing this rather than manually deleting the last cells formulas first entry every time?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
You're welcome.

No, I can't think of any way to do that.

I'd still be interested in an answer to this question
A simpler solution may be possible if there is any type of pattern in another row that identifies the cells to sum.
Is there anything in another row that can be used as a key to identify which cells should be summed ?
So we can say something like
Sum all cells in row 10 if the value in row 9 is "X" or whatever ??

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back