Pivot Table: Adding the same column from the data model into the pivot column field

nanka

[FONT=&quot]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am showing the %row total of certain categories per week in the pivot table. The source is a query table. When i am clicking insert I create the pivot table by checking in a data model.

My goal is to have the total count of categories per week right next to the %s. Fort that I tried dragging po field in the pivot column field list. the same data column into the pivot table values field - but instead of just showing me the total count per week it's also showing count of each category.
[/FONT]

How can I just only add the total count of categories as a second field to get the view mentioned above?
Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks
nanka

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules. Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules. Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Hi Peter_SSs,

Thank you. Yes I have posted the exact question in other forums as well. I am sorry for this. Here are the links below withe same question posted:
https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...odel-into-pivot-column-field.html#post4781987

https://www.excelforum.com/excel-ge...ted-field-but-its-greyed-out.html#post4586974

Adding the same field in the column field list of pivot table

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...exceldev#986e75b5-0dee-4746-b7af-bb8eb7f5525d

Adding the same field in the column field list of pivot table - ExcelBanter

Now after including the links - can i expect help on this?

nanka

Upvote 0

Now after including the links - can i expect help on this?
Pivot Tables are not a strength of mine so I can't help, sorry. I won't say that nobody here will help, but if you actually followed the advice I gave in red above you may understand that it is possible that you have reduced your chances of getting a quick & good answer by posting in multiple forums rather than increasing your chance, which was obviously your intent.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gkiller

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back