VBA SumProduct using ranges set earlier in the macro

storm170

Hello all,

I am attempting to write a macro to automate a process and have run into some problems with the SumProduct formula I use to calculate the value at the end of the process. I have read a number of sites today about how VBA has problems with the SumProduct formula, but there were workarounds. Unfortunately, I am new to VBA so converting the solutions to my specific example were a bit beyond me.

If you could review my code below and let me know of any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Below is a summary of what I am trying to do with the macro.

Summary - The macro is working up to the point of using the formula to work on the results the macro has produced up to that point. I am attempting to compare a value that was copied to compare to the initial range that I set to "rng", and when those two values match sum the values in those rows in the "Calcrng" range that I set earlier in the macro. The formula itself has been tested and works correctly, its converting it to VBA and having it reference the ranges rather than static cells that I can't figure out. I know the formula I have listed below won't work, I've tried to use Application.Evaluate and tinker with additional " " around certain parts of the formula to no avail.
File-Copy-icon.png

Code:
<code>Sub AnnivLIDTotal()

Dim rng As Range
Dim Start As Range
Dim Duplicate As Range
Dim Calcrng As Range

Set rng = Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown))
Set Start = ActiveCell
Set Calcrng = Range(rng.Offset(0, 14), rng.Offset(0, 15))

rng.Offset(0, 5).Select
    rng.Offset(0, 5).Copy
Start.Offset(0, 22).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Application.CutCopyMode = False

Set Duplicate = Selection
Duplicate.RemoveDuplicates Columns:=1, Header:= _
    xlNo

Start.Offset(0, 23).Select
ActiveCell.Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(rng=Start.Offset(0,22)*Calcrng)"

End Sub</code>

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to help produce a solution. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hello all,

Bumping this one last time before I'll be assuming that I need to change the process itself or look elsewhere for assistance. Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to help us come up with a solution for this. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back