Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default calculated field on a report

Hello,
    I have a report that is opens with via a filter form. User selects week date and unit. Report then shows the number of accounts. What I would like to do is have next to the account field the number of times that account has been on the listings. Listings are pulled weekly. Thus if on 10/17, acount "alpha" is on the list and it has been on the previous 5 weeks, to show 5 next to it in another field. This is the last step needed for this project to be completed. Any help would be appreciated.

Mi

Board Regular Gates Is Antichrist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A report is not based on a form. Its record source is either a table or query; likewise a form relates to a table or query. I'm guessing that it's a query. So you want to modify that query to also grab a field with the number-of-times-on-listing value, which you should save in some distinct table.

Now as to the value, which is how many times an account has been on the listings, I don't think there's an easy solution. What comes to mind is to have Visual Basic code under a button, that increments the table keeping those account counts. It would run an update query. This would wrap around an aggregate (group by) subquery that produces a unique list of accounts.

Is this already too far over the top for you or do you want more details?
    Outlook 2007: Try to find undo and redo now in the menus and icons. I'm not kidding. Microsoft, you CLUELESS ***TARDS.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sort of having it working now. It totals the number times the account number is listed. that works but I want it to only count the number of times listed prior to a certain date ( the selected filtered date). Just need to figure that part out.

Mi

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others