Power Query Merge or not

cmcreynolds

So, I have two files on OneDrive right now that read from the same tables (translation tables also on OneDrive) and website (Salesforce).

However, in report A (the older), I pulled Salesforce objects and used "Relationships" to join them. In report B, I thought I'd be fancy and "Merge" in PowerQuery.

Now, when I use PowerBI to schedule refresh, report A works fine but report B gives me a message saying there are "sources that currently don't support refresh." Same sources in B than in A (in fact, A may have one more, additional source).

Report A's diagram view is REALLY complex - that is what I thought I was "helping" when I used "merge" in report B.

Should I just not use PowerQuery's "merge" function? Is there any member who knows WHY it would prevent scheduled refresh?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
I realize that there must be data in the data model, but it seems it doesn't like the "merge" with "connections only" ?

Upvote 0
So, we aren't talking about using the PowerQuery-like functionality built into PowerBI Desktop -- we are talking Excel level stuff, dropped onto OneDrive, then used as a data source to other Power BI goo?

Oh, who am i kidding --- I would just Send a Frown, and see if msft is feeling helpful :)

Upvote 0
Ha - Every time I send a frown, they say "oh, we know - it's something we're working on" and no suggestions or workarounds. :(

I'm talking about creating an Excel workbook(s) in OneDrive that use PowerQuery to grab data. I just want to refresh the workbooks, not use PowerBI for anything else (yet, maybe?).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back