Power BI - Report data refreshed but not Power Query Data

Loops92

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys,
I have an issue in power BI when refreshing the data. The data in the report is properly refreshed when the same data in Power Query is not refreshed. Let's say I've uploaded an additional jpg image in my data source folder. The image will show on the table visual in the PBI report but the matching row in the Power Query Table will not been showed.
I find this weird & illogical.
Any thoughts that could help solve that issue?
Thanks a lot for your kind help!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
That should not be possible. Only thought is that you are looking in the wrong table.

Upvote 0
That should not be possible. Only thought is that you are looking in the wrong table.
I swear I am not :)

I keep getting this error in Power Query

Code:
= Table.ReorderColumns(#"Kept Errors", {"Row Number", "Content", "Name", "Extension", "Date accessed", "Date modified", "Date created", "Attributes", "Folder Path", "PRODUCT NAME", "URL", "IMAGE"})

And in the advanced editor, this code:
Code:
let
Source = Query2,
  #"Detected Type Mismatches" = let
    tableWithOnlyPrimitiveTypes = Table.SelectColumns(Source, Table.ColumnsOfType(Source, {type nullable number, type nullable text, type nullable logical, type nullable date, type nullable datetime, type nullable datetimezone, type nullable time, type nullable duration})),
    recordTypeFields = Type.RecordFields(Type.TableRow(Value.Type(tableWithOnlyPrimitiveTypes))),
    fieldNames = Record.FieldNames(recordTypeFields),
    fieldTypes = List.Transform(Record.ToList(recordTypeFields), each [Type]),
    pairs = List.Transform(List.Positions(fieldNames), (i) => {fieldNames{i}, (v) => if v = null or Value.Is(v, fieldTypes{i}) then v else error [Message = "The type of the value does not match the type of the column.", Detail = v], fieldTypes{i}})
in
    Table.TransformColumns(Source, pairs),
  #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Detected Type Mismatches", "Row Number" ,1),
  #"Kept Errors" = Table.SelectRowsWithErrors(#"Added Index", {"Content", "Name", "Extension", "Date accessed", "Date modified", "Date created", "Attributes", "Folder Path", "PRODUCT NAME", "URL", "IMAGE"}),
  #"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Kept Errors", {"Row Number", "Content", "Name", "Extension", "Date accessed", "Date modified", "Date created", "Attributes", "Folder Path", "PRODUCT NAME", "URL", "IMAGE"})
in
  #"Reordered Columns"

Upvote 0
I swear I am not :)

I keep getting this error in Power Query

Code:
= Table.ReorderColumns(#"Kept Errors", {"Row Number", "Content", "Name", "Extension", "Date accessed", "Date modified", "Date created", "Attributes", "Folder Path", "PRODUCT NAME", "URL", "IMAGE"})

And in the advanced editor, this code:
Code:
let
Source = Query2,
  #"Detected Type Mismatches" = let
    tableWithOnlyPrimitiveTypes = Table.SelectColumns(Source, Table.ColumnsOfType(Source, {type nullable number, type nullable text, type nullable logical, type nullable date, type nullable datetime, type nullable datetimezone, type nullable time, type nullable duration})),
    recordTypeFields = Type.RecordFields(Type.TableRow(Value.Type(tableWithOnlyPrimitiveTypes))),
    fieldNames = Record.FieldNames(recordTypeFields),
    fieldTypes = List.Transform(Record.ToList(recordTypeFields), each [Type]),
    pairs = List.Transform(List.Positions(fieldNames), (i) => {fieldNames{i}, (v) => if v = null or Value.Is(v, fieldTypes{i}) then v else error [Message = "The type of the value does not match the type of the column.", Detail = v], fieldTypes{i}})
in
    Table.TransformColumns(Source, pairs),
  #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Detected Type Mismatches", "Row Number" ,1),
  #"Kept Errors" = Table.SelectRowsWithErrors(#"Added Index", {"Content", "Name", "Extension", "Date accessed", "Date modified", "Date created", "Attributes", "Folder Path", "PRODUCT NAME", "URL", "IMAGE"}),
  #"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Kept Errors", {"Row Number", "Content", "Name", "Extension", "Date accessed", "Date modified", "Date created", "Attributes", "Folder Path", "PRODUCT NAME", "URL", "IMAGE"})
in
  #"Reordered Columns"
I have added 3 columns to the original ones uploaded from Sharepoint: PRODUCT NAME = NAME - jpeg extension, URL = folder path + name, IMAGE = image in Base64 format

Upvote 0
Try to remove “row number” in the last line
Or add it in the line before

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back