over ride month filter to get YTD Sales

sadath

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

Something wrong in formula to yet YTD sales

:=calculate(sum(SALESDATA[AMOUNT]),SALESDATA[year]=2015,all([MonthCode]),filter(SALESDATA,SALESDATA[MonthCode]<=[Mon2]))

[MonthCode] column having month numbers like 1,2,3,...12
[Mon2] is max([MonthCode])

i want to override my month filter to get YTD sales. ie if i select 11 in filter should give sales from month 1 to 11

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
You should consider using a calendar table rather has having so many calendar columns in your data table. Power Pivot Calendar Tables - Excelerator BI

you should always specify tablename[column name] in your formulas (never refer to [column name]). This avoids confusion with [measures]

try this

Code:
[COLOR=#333333]:=calculate(sum(SALESDATA[AMOUNT]),filter(all(SALESDATA[monthcode],salesdata[year]),SALESDATA[MonthCode]<=[Mon2]&& salesdata[year]=max(salesdata[year])))[/COLOR]

i dont normally rite such measures without a calendar table, but I think it will work.

Upvote 0
Hi
Thank you for your valuable suggestions, I have already made my data for 2016, so cant chage

unfortunately the DAX is not working

:=calculate(sum(SALESDATA[AMOUNT]),filter(all(SALESDATA[monthcode],salesdata[year]),SALESDATA[MonthCode]<=[Mon2]&& salesdata[year]=2015))

[MonthCode] is related to another table as below

MonthCode Month
1 Jan
2 Feb
3 Mar etc...

Month slicer showing month name (Jan,Feb,Mar..)from the month table.

Upvote 0
My formula was based on my understanding of what you had, but you have different tables. What you have is not a good design and I recommend you step back and get the table structure right first. If you don't want to do that, please post a sample workbook here with what you have already done and I will try to give you a formula that works.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back