MTD calculation

AlenKovacevic

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I am trying to get the month to date calculation correct but I am struggling with the last part of it. In order to have prior months, there is no issue but when trying to compare MTD of this month (15/11/2021) with the one of previous year (15/11/2020), the MTD calculation of previous year shows the total value of the month, while I would like to calculate the value until the 15/11/2020.

To get the correct MTD comparison day by day, I am using the following (which basically says that if the latest date in my transaction table is smaller than the last date of the max date in the date table, the amount of sales is set to 0: both applying for current year and last year)

Sales LY CM =
IF(
LASTDATE(Dates[Date]) > LASTDATE(PBI_SalesQuery[Date]), 0 ,
CALCULATE(
[Sales CM (MTD)],
SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Dates[Date])
)
)

But when I group the data in a monthly view, the subtotal for November for the current month of last year (Nov-20) is set to 0 and does not sum what is shown as a day to day in Nov-20 ... And I am not sure to understand why? While I would like to have that sum appear, in that way I can have the MTD of Nov-21 compared to the MTD of Nov-20.

Many thanks for your help!

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back