Convert Pivot Table to Table

Adrae

I have summarized a large datasource (60 thousand rows) using a pivot table.

I now want to turn that back into a spreadsheet to be resummarized. The reason is that the end user cannot manage a workbook the size of the one with 60 thousand rows.

My problem is that if I paste values for the pivot table, I have to manually populate down each column. For example, Column as has three values...North America, Europe & Asia. But since I copied from a pivot table only A1 says North America and then I have to copy it down stopping at Europr and repeat for Europe.

If it was just the regions, that mght be manageable, but I have around 6 columns like this, some with MANY variations.

QUESTION: How do I take a pivot table and make it look just like a regular excel table....(all cells populated automatically)?

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Select all 6 columns and choose Edit|Go To|Special, check blanks and click OK. Type =, press the up arrow and press Ctrl+Enter (that's hold down Ctrl and press the Enter key). You can convert those formulas to values afterwrds if you want. Oh, and you may need to tidy up the last row.

Upvote 0
How can you do this in Excel 2010? I don't see the "Edit - Go To - Special" function?

Thanks,

Steven

Upvote 0
hi, Steven. I don't have Excel 2010 but assume the old keyboard shortcuts are the same as prior versions. CTRL-G or F5 to bring up the 'Go To' dialogue box and then ALT-S. HTH, F

Upvote 0
GO to the "Design Tab" under Pivot Table => Select the "Report Layout" Dropdown Menu =>Make sure your Pivot Table is in Tabular Format => select "Repeat all Item Labels." Once you've done this, you can convert the pivot table to Text, table, range etc. . . and you won't need to copy labels down in each column.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back