calcutation

Yvonne Ng

Board Regular
Hi,
any one can help?

I've a list of different fruits, fruit A, fruit B, fruit C in worksheet 1 coloum A and with order date in Coloum B in dd-mm-yy (month in character), and coloum c, amount purchase for each order.
I need a formula in worksheet 2 that i can gather the different type of information, example, in coloum 1, the type of fruits I order for tat particular month, Mar, example. and also im coloum 2 how many times i order within the month of Mar. and coloum 3, total amount of fruits for tat particular type i order for the same month

however, example, in april, i did not order fruit A, but order fruit b, so in my april summary, it will not shown the fruit A apprear in my coloum 1 in worksheet 2 since i no place order in april

is there a way to do it? 

Hi, Now I would like to change my formula by removing the month, show only the type of fruits and amount regardless of month. Can any one help?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Hi, I would now want only the type of fruits and total appear on the second sheet regardless of month. How should the formula be? Appreciates your advise. Thank you. Data as follows :
TypeAmount
Fruit A$50
Fruit B$40
Fruit A$40
Fruit C$40
Fruit A$10
Fruit D$45
Result would be :
TypeAmount
Fruit A100
Fruit B40
Fruit C40
Fruit D45

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col></colgroup>

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col></colgroup>

Upvote 0
Hi, I would now want only the type of fruits and total appear on the second sheet regardless of month. How should the formula be? Appreciates your advise. Thank you. Data as follows :
TypeAmount
Fruit A$50
Fruit B$40
Fruit A$40
Fruit C$40
Fruit A$10
Fruit D$45
Result would be :
TypeAmount
Fruit A100
Fruit B40
Fruit C40
Fruit D45

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

A:C in Sheet1 houses the data, with Type located in A and Amount in C.

A:B in Sheet2 houses the processing, with Type in A and Amount in B.

If the types are already given in A, a SumIf formula will do:

B2, just enter and copy down:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,$A2,Sheet1!C:C)

If you want to use of the dynamic named ranges we had alredy define, this formula becomes:

=SUMIF(Type,$A2,Amount)

Finally, if you want to create the types automatically in A as we have done previously but this time without the date condition, please advise.

Upvote 0
i'll have a variable of fruits for the table, is there a formula to consolidate in sheet 2 without repeating while I still able to calculate the total amount of the variable? please give example. Thank you.

Upvote 0
i'll have a variable of fruits for the table, is there a formula to consolidate in sheet 2 without repeating while I still able to calculate the total amount of the variable? please give example. Thank you.

Am I allowed to use the definitions we already have discussed, that is, Type, Amount, etc?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back