Chart: only show legend elements with values

Brython

Hi guys
I have 10 graphs with more than 20 legend entries. However, each graph only needs 3-4 elements out of the 20 legend entries in the graph.
Is there any way to force Excel to only show those legend entries that have a value? (without deleting them manually)
Thanks in advance!

Use the following name definitions:

ISP_PriLab =OFFSET(ISP!$P$1,1,0,COUNTIF(ISP!$P$2:$P$25,"?*"),1)
ISP_PriVal =OFFSET(ISP!ISP_PriLab,0,1)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Awesome! Thank you so much!!

Now just to try to understand those definitions and formulae so I know what they mean rather than just adapting them each time!

Thanks again - I've been able to do exactly what I wanted to do now, which was get the result of loads of pivot charts without using pivot tables...

Upvote 0
Looking again you could also have changed the definition of ISP_PriVal from:

=OFFSET(ISP!$Q$1,1,0,COUNTA(ISP!$Q:$Q)-1,1)

to:

=OFFSET(ISP!$Q$1,1,0,COUNT(ISP!$Q:$Q),1)

Upvote 0
Okay, this isn't related to the same topic, but it's in the same workbook so working with the same data, and you've been so helpful so far - thinking this will be a quick one, but can't think how to phrase it concisely enough to get anything on Google...

I need to do a line graph with a line of best fit - I've done the main one, which works fine obviously...

I need to do one that only counts the value if another cell contains "AAA" or "BBB" etc.

e.g.

A
B
C
D
E
School Type
Devices
Staff
Primary
Secondary
Secondary
Primary

<tbody>
</tbody>

So I'm going to do separate Line Graphs for the different school types... but want to keep them completely separate...
I don't mind recreating the table - I've done that with similar data, but listing unique values, and that's not what I want this time...

Upvote 0
Yep, I definitely need to understand them more so I can manipulate them easier when necessary...

I think I've done it though, the data isn't quite laid out like it is in the table above, so I've used:

=IFERROR(INDEX(G$2:G$500,SMALL(IF($B$2:$B$500="Primary",ROW(G$2:G$500)-ROW(G$2)+1),ROWS(O$2:O2))),"")

To get the filtered list of IT Staff, and then changed it slightly to get the corresponding devices for those results:

=IFERROR(INDEX(J$2:J$500,SMALL(IF($B$2:$B$500="Primary",ROW(J$2:J$500)-ROW(J$2)+1),ROWS(P$2:P2))),"")

Seems to be working perfectly, thank you!! (again!)

Upvote 0
Final question I think...

Is it possible to add an "OR" in where it's looking for ="Primary" at the moment? So if the total options were primary / secondary / college, could I get it to give me the results for those which are Primary and Secondary ="Primary"OR"Secondary"? (I've tried the OR like that and it doesn't work...)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlckr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back