Export Access Form or Report to Powerpoint

Tcurtis

Board Regular
Is there a way to export a list of forms or reports using VBA to Power point?
I currently can export a list of forms to PDF but would like to have the ability to put these over in power point. The forms contain graphs and when I copy the PDFs into power point it makes them fuzzy. Like a bad copy of the original.
Access cannot output format jpg which I think would be ideal.
If I cannot export to power point, is there a way to link the forms to a power point?

Thanks

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Well, I did a bit of research, but I am having some trouble completing the solution.
Here is a link with some information:
Export Access chart to jpg file - UtterAccess Forums

The problem for me is that when I try and run it I get a compile error saying "Method or data member not found" and it points to Me.OLEChart.Object
So, I think I must be missing a reference to be able to use that object type.
Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I suspect you don't have an Excel reference - check it out in the vbe and set it if not & see what happens. The code is rather ancient by today's standards, so even if you add the reference I don't think you will get much farther. I suspect that the OLE providers that will be referenced in the chart object property sheet probably don't exist on your computer. I don't understand those enough to know if they're backwards compatible.

Upvote 0
When I first set up the metrics charting I used Excel to link to the Access queries and tables I needed and produced the charts using pivot tables but this made the excel file huge. I then researched how to do charting in Access and made 30 slides with between 2 to 4 charts per slide. These are all clickable and open to the raw data. But when I go from my computer to a projector to present the slides they do not show all of the charts on each slide. So I thought I could just export these into power point and get rid of that.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm stuck in version 2007 since I have no desire to upgrade just to play around at home.
IMHO, Access charts are extremely lacking and clunky. Whenever I needed to generate charts from Access data, I used automation to push the data to a dynamic named range in the Excel file (no pivot tables). The fact that in PowerPoint you can insert an embedded or linked Excel chart object on a slide could perhaps be interpreted that even Microsoft doesn't regard Access as a very viable charting option. At least that's what I found when I saw your post and checked my version of PP.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayHo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back