How not to graph blank cells

Mike L

Ok this is probably easy but I'm stumped...

How do I graph (scatter or line) a series of values that contain blank cells in the y data series, without them coming up as zero values on the graph.

If the y value is blank, I do not want this data point plotted at all.

Like I said probably really easy but I'm having trouble.

Thanks

-Mike

1. Is there a question?
2. You've blanked out so much that I have no idea what the plot is supposed to be showing.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Wow...... u realy need to know the names of the people in my department? Please rather than being sarcy if u can help then that would be apreciated, if not, cut the bad attitude thats not why im here.

Upvote 0
What bad attitude? Honestly. You posted a table and a graphic with no usable information and no accompanying question, and I asked for clarification.

I don't care who is in your department, I don't care what the numbers really are, but I need to know how the chart correlates to your data. If you at least use A, B, C, D, E, F and numbers like 1,3,2,4,3,1, then it is easier for someone to see what you are trying to do.

Upvote 0
ok, the left collum has names and the right collum has performance percentages. The graph shows staff on the x axis and percentage value on the Y axis.

Upvote 0
Hello All. One nifty trick you can use for hiding any cells with errors when printing is under File> Page Setup>Cell Errors As... and choose how you want errors printed. They can be displayed (default), blank, double dashes(--) or #NA. I had been using that Conditional Formatting trick for years before I stumbled on to that setup.

On to my question, I am also trying to avoid charting zeros and am using =IF(A1<>0,A1,NA()) which works perfectly except when it encounters text which is still charted as a zero. Any ideas on an IF that would return ()NA if it encounters any non-numerics? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I am using an Excel chart embedded in PowerPoint.

According to your suggestion, I am showing blank cells in Chart data table, But my client wants to see, "-" wherever it is blank.

I tried a lot, could not show any customized symbol in chart's data table.
Whatever I put any symbol (like -/~) except Blank it takes as "0"

Is it possible to show symbols instead of blank cell in data table associated with the chart?

Thanks,
Zerin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,

I could solve the problem by changing the cell formatting
to Custom format : _-* #,##0.00 _€_-;-* #,##0.00 _€_-;_-* "-"?? _€_-;_-@_-

Cheers for me !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taner zz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back