Is it possible to have Rich Text capable Word Processing in an Excel Sheet?

Stevet78910

Pretty much the whole question in the title.

I'm trying to build a checklist where if a user selects a checkbox, text is added to a textbox or cell. However, I would then like to allow users to alter and edit that as if with a standard word document.

Ultimately, I would then like to be able to 'build an email' (probably via button macro) that collects each of these textboxes into a single large cell or textbox in order to cut & paste into outlook to send.

Is this even possible?

Thank you very much.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Bump.

The reason I ask is because I thought I saw someone doing this once, editing text inside an Excel spreadsheet, however I cannot seem to find out how.

Upvote 0
Well, I suppose the answer is yes, I was able to create a textbox in Word, then cut&paste the box into an Excel sheet. It's entirely editable.

Now I am working on a way to make it so that it's already filled with text, but when you click the checkbox, some of the text will be removed.
Ex: A checkbox for "All Conditions Fulfilled". The textbox would already have "Some conditions are not fulfilled." written into it. When the user checks the box, the words "Some conditions are not fulfilled." will be removed. If the user never checks the box, the user could then go in and edit the line in order to specify which conditions remained.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back