Multi Page Spreadsheet - Fit to Page for Only 1 Page in it?

decker12

I have a user that recently switched from Excel 2011 on a Mac to Excel 2010 on a PC. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

Imagine a single spreadsheet with 5 months worth of scheduling on it. Depending on the month, you have 31 or 30 rows. Depending on the data in each row and column, some rows have multiple lines due to the way the text wraps.

Now, we want 1 page per month. I move the page breaks right under May 31st, June 30th, July 31st, etc. One page, one month.

Problem is, June has too many rows so it "spills over" onto the next page. I can fix this on Mac Excel 2011 by dragging June's page break up from June 17th (approximately where they auto page break is made) down to June 30th. When I print this document, all the other months that already fit onto their pages print out at say, a 12 point font. June on the other hand, shrinks itself down slightly and prints at a 10 point font.

On Exel 2010, I can't seem to get this to work. I want Excel to "fit to page" for ONLY the month of June. I can't drag the page break like I can in Excel 2011 - it drags but simply reverts back down to June 17th. If I use any of the Fit to Page options in the Page Layout or Print boxes, it Fits to Page for the entire document, basically making it tiny.

Any ideas on how to get Excel 2010 to "fit to page" for only 1 page in a multi-page spreadsheet? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patupaiarehe

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back