2 Worksheets--3 Questions

Anne of Tennessee

Hello! I have a workbook that tracks patients (mothers) and contacts (mom's family members). The mother worksheet is named MAT_INF and the contacts one is named CONTACTS.:confused: Help!
</PRE>

1. In MAT_INF, I have a field named CASE_NUMBER. How can I tell this field to automatically start out with a value like "2009-"? An example case number would look like 2009-001 or 2010-099.

2. Once CASE_NUMBER, LAST_NAME_MOM and FIRST_NAME_MOM have been populated by the user in MAT_INF, how can I automate adding those values to the CONTACT sheet, where the corresponding fields are named CASE_NUMBER, CASE_LAST_NAME and CASE_FIRST_NAME? Would I use a link?

3. Once CASE_NUMBER in the CONTACT sheet has been brought over from the MAT_INF sheet, how can I add a sequential number to it? For example, for CASE_NUMBER 2009-001 from the MAT_INF sheet, with LAST_NAME_MOM equal to Doe and FIRST_NAME_MOM equal to Jane, how would I get the CONTACT information to look like CASE_NUMBER 2009-001-01, CASE_LAST_NAME equal to Doe and CASE_FIRST_NAME equal to Jane? Each CASE_NUMBER from the MAT_INF sheet (Jane Doe, 2009-001) may have 1 or more contacts (other family members) in the CONTACTS sheet. So we might have an entry in the CONTACT sheet like 2009-001-01, CASE_LAST_NAME = Doe, CASE_FIRST_NAME = Jane, CONTACT_LAST_NAME = Doe, CONTACT_FIRST_NAME = Zippy.Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!
</PRE>

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Hi
Select the field case number in mat_inf (A1to A200). Format > cells > custom(in category) > in type insert "2010 -"#### > click OK.
Now you type any number it will be preceeded by the year.
Ravi

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back